Sunday, May 23, 2010

The New Style

I finished stippling a pot from a settlement not far from Smolensk in a peat bog area, which is why there were so many pot pieces preserved. I cannot express how exciting I find it to be able to hold an object that is 6,000 years old.

The NEW STYLE! Exciting times as I have developed a new style of drawing (for me), combining pastel colours and black pen. I love colour. All I want to do now is draw, particularly the tops of buildings. The roof features are so varied in St Petersburg.

Below, one inspired by Vincent. I love going into 'work' and being able to see original Van Gogh paintings. Me at the Loft, which is a great place for drawing rooftops. And a pair of beautiful antique scissors I'm wondering whether to purchase...

2 comments:

  1. I love the new style Jaz.

    I would pay money for, nay invest, in some of those beauties!

    Hope to see you soon sunshine

    Lachlan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! They're beautiful! And WOW! There's so many of them!! No substances Japes?? Very lovely indeed. Beautiful colour. And you must get the scissors. I have an identical pair somewhere... xx

    ReplyDelete