Sunday, September 2, 2012

Back in ST PETERSBURG!

Yol and Egor met me at Pulkovo airport, after some faffing with registrations we stopped at New Holland for the first holiday beer. New Holland is an area undergoing renovation, which was previously a shipyard, site of a prison and military buildings. Now it's an area for art exhibitions, cafes and bars.

We also dropped off my stuff at Nord Hostel in my private room, so good to be back there having lived there for 2 months in 2010.

The view from the window was still as magnificent, the old battered rooftops of St P.


The hostel is in an old building with a large staircase.
And outside was a long-haired Stelli cat.
I love the worn look of the city.

And the drain pipes.
On the second day, I met with Michelle, Iannis and Yol in Soup and Wine.

Then Yol and I went to the market to buy her a towel and to wander and explore the city.

I took her to most of the favourite places I remembered
I reckon this is an L for Leningrad.

Pushkinskaya 10 art centre, where we saw an exhibition and I showed her the cafe.
We stopped for some pelmeni and salmon, yum, at a nearby cafe – the starting point of my most crazy night in St P.
Then continued wandering and went to the market at Dostoyevskaya
There was a really overgrown balcony.
I think one of the nicest activities to do is to take a boat down the canals and the river.
We visited the Bread Museum which houses the Loft, hostel, cafe and art spaces.


It has a good outdoor terrace where we had a beer and met Helena, my talented artist friend.
And I went to visit her home where she lives now with Sveta near a chocolate factory, it was so good to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment