Monday, February 8, 2010

Winter light in St Petersburg

Monday 8 February
Everywhere I look I see paintings, impressionist paintings. I'll have plenty to paint when I get back to London. The light is stunning, especially as the Sun goes down.




Trubetskoy Bastion






Ducks swimming in the frozen Neva, chilly feet.






Above is the Palace Stroganov

The corner building above is the House of Books, one of the largest bookshops in St Petersburg.

Today was my day off. I arranged Russian lessons for Mondays and explored the city.

2 comments:

  1. Love the ducks pics - they have an almost abstract quality.

    What's the big old ship??

    There aren't many people about - are they all inside where its warm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics Japes!! Espesh the first 3. The yellow reminds me of Van Gogh

    ReplyDelete