Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sydney Laneways 2009, Australia—No. 27

So yesterday, Thursday 19 November, I had the day off work, simply splendid spiffing. I booked it off to see Peter and Wolf at the Sydney Opera House. It was the best feeling ever, arising with a creative day ahead of me starting with playing my oboe, a few baroque pieces I am working on at the mo, and then to the city to immerse myself in laneways. I even did a merry jig in the middle of Customs House (poor Shirley) because I felt so full of joy.

Peter and the Wolf was brilliant (also lieutenant kije, the ugly duckling and piano concerto no 5). It took me back to being a child and I even shed a tear for the poor duck who got gobbled.

Laneway 27 Sands Street confirmed my interest in doors and I found a lovely battered leaf lying next to the pavement, it reminded me of how I've felt at times.

I find that I am divided in my purpose, to record on a mundane level the laneway in a very literal sense and then to record what I truly find beautiful, guess it doesn't matter. I do both.


For some reason the third image reminded me of an owl, the eyes.

1 comment: