Saturday, March 6, 2010

Margarita in the hall

More scenes from inside the Hermitage and the not so visually pleasing restoration of the main Rastrelli marble staircase. The scaffolding has spread since my arrival.


Archaeological dot drawings and me in action.

My first one and I over did it, but I've been told I can draw everyday and help prepare pictures for a publication.

This is Margarita Borisovna's hallway, with logs on the radiator. I want to paint her below the picture of the young serving girl, as per my colour pencil rough.
House of the Artists where I saw a modern dance performance. They have free theatre, music and dance.
Below, what only can be described as death ice! I fell over and dread to think what it would be like for an elderly person. When I went to my Russian class, my teacher had a broken nose from ice falling off the roof.


2 comments:

  1. Love the line and dot drawing! How fantastic that you get to draw every day and have them published at the end. Brilliant!!

    And I think the idea of the painting of Margarita in her hallway is a really good one. You should definitely do it. Maybe you could give it to her as a present when you go? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pencil sketch is beautiful Japes! As is your stipple illo (best get that lingo right, you're a professional now ;-)

    ReplyDelete