Sunday, March 14, 2010

Everyday but not mundane

This is the entrance where I have 'worked' the door.
Gorkovskaya metro, my closest station, looks a bit like a UFO
Views from around Vasilievsky Island






Keks, the best cake ever in the staff canteen at the Hermitage. I like it there, it makes me able to imagine that I really belong there.

From inside the Hermitage





I get to go on tours with the Volunteer Service, this one was on the Ancient Greek and Roman rooms.
Cathedral of our Lady of Kazan

3 comments:

  1. doesn't anybody walk up and downstairs on the red carpet? I'd be unable to resist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what that 5th pic is exactly, but it somehow looks fabulously macabre. That light is great! It's bringing on feelings of Francis Bacon and flayed fleshy bits! It's probably something very innocuous... I hope it's not a kindergarten ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was just a laneway, they have little lanes leading through buildings here. A possible project 3. The light and colours were striking. T, I've managed to reply, yippee

    ReplyDelete